How it works:
Clinical-grade vitamin A, otherwise known as retinoic acid, is an exceptionally powerful skincare ingredient for youthful-looking skin. Highly potent and wildy efficacious, it is able to trigger cellular regeneration and collagen production to fight all visible signs of ageing. Retinoic acid is only available with a prescription, but vitamin A is available over the counter in the form of retinol skincare products.
- Retinol has similar effects to retinoic acid, however it must first be converted to retinaldehyde and then to retinoic acid to be used by the skin. Crafted with retinaldehyde,
- Crystal Retinal requires just one conversion to retinoic acid. This means that it is able to produce results comparable to retinoic acid up to 11 times faster than classic forms of retinol.  The advanced active is carefully encapsulated in a crystal structure that is broken down by the skin’s natural enzymes when topically applied. This ensures maximum stability and absorption while allowing the vitamin A active to be released gradually into the skin while you sleep for minimal irritation.
- Combined with hydrating hyaluronic acid and skin-soothing vitamin E, Crystal Retinal targets fine lines and wrinkles for smooth and visibly youthful skin. Unlike other forms of vitamin A, retinaldehyde boasts direct, powerful antibacterial properties. This allows it to target acne-causing bacteria; promoting a healthy, visibly clear complexion.
 G. Seigenthaler et al., Biochemical Journal, 1990, 268, pp 371-378
How to use:
- After cleansing in the evening, massage a small amount of Crystal Retinal across the face, neck and décolletage.
- Allow to absorb before applying your moisturiser. Crystal Retinal application should be phased in gradually, and only use in the evening.
- Use twice a week for the first 2 weeks, every other night for the next 2 weeks, then every night.
- Always wear sunscreen the following morning while using this product, and for 1 week after. Consult a doctor if breastfeeding or pregnant.
Patch testing prior to use is advised. Refer to medik8.co/patch for an in-depth guide to patch testing.
Although we try our best to ensure this list of ingredients is accurate there may be product upgrades from time to time, or slight variants between different regions based on local laws, meaning the only definitive ingredient list is that which is printed on the product packaging.
Aqua (Water), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Glycerin, Isododecane, Cyclodextrin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Olivate, Sodium Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Sorbitan Olivate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Squalane, Sodium Hyaluronate, Retinal, 3-O-Ethyl Ascorbic Acid, Daucus Carota Sativa (Carrot) Seed Oil, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Ethylhexylglycerin, Pentylene Glycol, Vanilla Planifolia (Vanilla) Fruit Extract, Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, Rubus Chamaemorus (Cloudberry) Seed Oil, Sodium Polyaspartate, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Dipteryx Odorata (Tonka) Bean Extract, BHT, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Disodium EDTA, Hydroxyacetophenone, Titanium Dioxide, Phenoxyethanol, Alumina, Lonicera Caprifolium (Honeysuckle) Flower Extract, Isostearic Acid, Lecithin, Lonicera Japonica (Honeysuckle) Flower Extract, Polyglyceryl-3 Polyricinoleate, Stearic Acid, Coumarin, CI 14700 (Red 4).